Aim and scope
Journal of Food and Animal Sciences (JFAS)is an International Peer Reviewed Open Access Bi-monthly Journal publishing original, basic and applied papers, reviews, short communications, surveys and opinions on food science and technology, Veterinary Medicine and Animal Sciences. Its expanded scope includes animal food production and management, quality, shelf-life, consumer acceptance of foodstuffs, food safety and nutrition, energy and environmental aspects of food processing on the whole life cycle.
Reviews and surveys on specific topics relevant to the advance of the veterinary sciences and animal husbandry are particularly welcome.
Upon request and free of charge, announcements of congresses, presentations of research institutes, books and proceedings may also be published in a special “News” section.
Review Policy: The Co-Editors with the Editor will select submitted manuscripts in relationship to their innovative and original content. Referees will be selected from the Advisory Board and/or qualified scientists. Acceptance of a paper rests with the referees.
The major areas covered by the Journal are –
- Veterinary and Animal Sciences
- Animal Anatomy,
- Infectious diseases,
- Clinical sciences,
- Alternative veterinary medicines and biomedical fields,
- Livestock production and technologies,
- All aspects of veterinary technology,
- Animal Breeding and experimental animals.
- Livestock Products Technology
- Meat Science and Technology
- Dairy Science
- Dairy Processing
- Dairy Engineering
- Food Science and Technology
- Chemistry, microbiology and biotechnology aspects of food
- Emerging safety and toxicological issues
- Food and material engineering
- Physical / chemical / sensory properties of food
- Advances in sensory science
- Food quality and safety
- Nutraceuticals, functional foods and functional ingredients
- Biophysical analysis of food or processing operations
- Applied research related to food nanotechnology
- Emerging technologies
- Environmental, safety and sustainability aspects of processing
- Waste / by-product management in food processing